Tuesday, June 3, 2014

An Eventfully Exciting Day

Today has been an eventful day in the Hubbard house.  We finally found a couple who really wants our apartment.  They're going to sign a contract probably later this week.  They'll be moving in August 1, so we're working on getting into subsidized housing so we'll end up with more room and a lot less rent.  Exciting times.

Andrew also had a job interview with a place that really likes him and he'll be doing all sorts of business-y stuff.  He'd stay at Pizza Hut and the other job is a paid internship (neither of us work at the call center anymore...it was a bad fit for Andrew and I was getting really sick there) where he'd work up to 20hrs/week.

We got all the dishes done....I cannot begin to express how happy we are about that....sad, I know, but it's a real accomplishment.

And I am working on completing the Personal Progress program before the baby comes.  I've been going through it and there are such great things in it to help prepare for a family and a home.  I'm excited to do it all again (especially considering that I finished mine before the new one came out). It's a different experience working on this when I am already married and have a kid on the way.  Plus I've always wanted to do it again.

And speaking of church, I have a new calling as the Visiting Teaching Coordinator.  It's been great so far.  I'm trying all I can to help get our ward more into Visiting Teaching.  I was able to have a great meeting with the Relief Society president and a few of the Visiting Teaching Supervisors.  And my real job right now is to record all the ideas I and my supervisors have and compile them into sort of a training manual for the new Coordinator for when I move.

In baby news, we're getting the ultrasound that tells us the gender of the baby two weeks from today.  Andrew is more excited than I am (I think) and he wants a boy.  I want a girl, but I really just can't wait till I can start feeling the baby.  I'm starting to get a little bit of a baby bump but I really just want to be able to feel it so that I can know for sure that there's still a baby in there.  I kind of wish I could just have a little camera in there to see how he/she is doing all the time.  But yeah, two weeks from today we'll know if we're having a David Clifford or a Diana Mae.  We're so excited.

I think that's about it for right now.  If you have any advice, comments, questions, etc. don't hesitate to comment.

Bye
~Manda

No comments:

Post a Comment